Friday, June 12, 2009

June Already!



Figure study from Shane McDonalds Wednesday evening figure session. These are always a great chance to get together with other artists and do what we love best, share some stories, a little coffee or wine and talk shop. I've been a member of this group for the past 16 years. Time flies when you having fun they say!


Ok its June already and just to keep this blog page interesting I'm posting some of my most recent work. All of these were done in the last week. Hope you enjoy. As you see I've been pushing a little paint around and feeling better about it. My life has been a little busy of late and time limited. My new job for Fulton County is going well and I really enjoy my students and the people I work with. As time goes on I hope to fill in my week with working for them as close to full time as possible. I'll keep you posted as this progresses.

One of the classes I've been teaching is Portrait Sculpture. I've been getting a real kick out of this because I enjoy the process so much! It's great to see some to the concepts I teach in drawing applied to 3D work. I'll post some photos as the class progresses for you to enjoy.



Afternoon Repast, Oil on 6X9 inch canvas
This is an Alla-prima study of my luch Friday afternoon. It was good and I enjoyed the glass of wine.


Just Cherry, oil on canvas 6X9 inch
Alla-prima study painted as part of my attempt to do a painting a day. I've been waking up around 4:30 or 5am and trying to paint one small painting a day since the end of last year.
In total, I've failed but have enjoyed setting the goal and trying to keep up with it. The work though is totally a success. It has kept my hand in painting and I've gotten an opportunity to force myself to simplify forms and paint from life. Alway's a good thing!

Plum Deal, oil on canvas 6X9 inches
I really loved painting these and I think it shows in the work. I learned a lot about plums that morning. They really have a great deal of unexpected color in them. Try it sometime, I think you'll be suprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment