Thursday, February 19, 2009

AAC Show, rewarding



Hi all, just wanted to give you an update and let you know I submitted 3 pieces to the Atlanta Artists Center February Show and did very well. I got all three pieces in and took a 3rd place ribbon for my portrait of Ian and Blue (the cat). Allen Rodi at the Gallery was nice enough to help me take some photos so I'm posting them here. 

My work is going well though I feel the rest of my life is in turmoil. Such is the life of a temperamental artist I suppose. I guess the economy doesn't help either but I am optimistic. I'm talking to several galleries about moving my work into and that seems promising as well as Fulton County in hopes of securing a teaching position at some of the Senior Facilities. I'll keep you updated on my progress. I have also met several private students of late which are very talented and easy to work with. If this works out well I may try to expand it and take on more
students in this fashion. I enjoy seeing the changes they make in their level of confidence and
skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment