Saturday, September 15, 2018

Missing in Action!

Hello fellow creative types!


Yes it's been some time since my last post on this blog site! Not really how blogs are suppose to be handled, sorry for that! It's good to say though that I'm back and will be posting on a bi-weekly basis on this site and offering some of the insights I have on living creatively. Like most of life, there are processes that one can follow to become successful at accomplishing ones goals and with the technology we have at our disposal these days it's much easier to share ideas, images and information.


That being said, for those of you who may have missed it, I currently manage an art program
for seniors (55 and older) at a Fulton County Senior Multipurpose Facility located in Sandy
Springs Georgia. I know, your first reaction may be one like "how exciting can that be?" but I'll assure you it has been a great laboratory for my ideas on how people develop those creative muscles we all could use flexing more often. For me personally it has been pivotal in finding new creative directions for my personal art work but has also opened my mind and made me more aware of how all of us age and those changes that are both physical and mental. Exercising  ones creativity I feel is the best way to slow down or maybe even reverse the aging process mentally. I'd be willing to stretch and say that an engaged brain doesn't show the sign of aging that one who is bored does. Within the past few years I have become aware of how much focus is being placed on our aging population around the world. People are tending to live longer and fuller lives than just 20years age and the quality of life for people living well into their 80's, 90's and 100's is beginning to take the spotlight.
I turned 60 this year myself and honestly don't really feel much differently than when I was in my 30's. Of course physically we all slow down a bit with time but if we remain both physically and mentally active my thought is that we have a far better chance of lasting longer and having a more productive and fulfilling life!


So I'll be back and hope to share much more with you about Art and Living Artfully!


Till Then!




No comments:

Post a Comment